Posts tagged ‘Visa’






Here is some useful information for you about each of these 3 Visa Types.

Tourist Visa:

This visa is available to all passport holders who are outside Australia and want to apply for a visa to visit Australia or for people who are in Australia and want to stay longer as a visitor. Certain tourists are also be eligible to apply for an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) or an eVisitor visa which is determined by the passport that they hold.
If granted, this visa will allow you either a single or multiple entry to Australia for a stay period of up to three (3), six (6) or 12 months. The period of stay and number of entries granted will depend on the purpose of the visit and your personal circumstances. You must have a genuine intention to visit Australia as a tourist, for recreation or to visit your family and/or friends.
Family members, under 18, who are travelling to Australia and are included on your passport, can be included in your application. Other family members who have separate passports must lodge separate applications.
If you are granted this visa, you can study for up to three months. If you want to study longer than three months you should apply for a student visa.
You are not able to work in Australia on this type of visa. If you are coming to Australia to work, you should consider applying for a visa which allows you to work in Australia such as a Work Permit (subclass 457 visa).

Spouse & Partner Visas:

This visa allows you to enter or remain in Australia on the basis of your married, de-facto or interdependent relationship with your partner:
· on a temporary visa (usually for a waiting period of approximately two (2) years from the date you applied for the visa)
· on a permanent visa if, after the waiting period (if applicable), your partner relationship still exists and you are still eligible for this visa.
Your partner must provide sponsorship for you. Your partner must be an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
Married Spouse
Your marriage must be legal under Australian Law. If you were married in a country other than Australia and that marriage is valid in that country, generally it will be recognised as valid under Australian law.
You and your partner must show a mutual commitment to a shared life as husband and wife to the exclusion of all others. You and your partner must be living together or, if not, any separation must be only temporary. You must also have a genuine and continuing relationship with your partner.
De-facto Spouse (opposite sex, unmarried) and Interdependent (same-sex, unmarried)
You and your partner must have been in a de-facto spouse or interdependent relationship for the entire 12 months immediately prior to lodging your application. The 12-month relationship requirement may be waived if one of the following situations applies:
· you can demonstrate compelling and compassionate circumstances, such as if you have children with your partner.
· in the case of an interdependent relationship, where cohabitation was contrary to law in the applicant’s country of residence.
You and your partner must show a mutual commitment to a shared life to the exclusion of all others. You and your partner must be living together or, if not, any separation must be only temporary. You must also have a genuine and continuing relationship with your partner.
If you declare your relationship to the State office of Births, Deaths and Marriages then you can have the 12 months cohabitation period mentioned above waived.
In assessing a claimed de-facto or interdependent relationship, the department usually looks at evidence of things such as:
· living together full-time
· sharing important financial and social commitments
· setting up a household separately from other people
· how, when and where you first met
· how your relationship developed
· when you decided to marry or to start a de facto spouse or interdependent relationship
· your domestic arrangements (how you support each other financially, physically and emotionally and when this level of commitment began)
· any periods of separation (when and why the separation occurred, for how long and how you maintained your relationship during the period of separation)
· your future plans.

Drop In Temporary Work Visas

Demand for temporary skilled migrant visas fell by 13% in the last Australian financial year ending June 30. This is clear evidence that the impact of the global economic downturn has curbed firms’ need for foreign workers on 457 visas.

It could well be that future demand for 457 visas by employers cold continue to fall as the government seeks to implement tough laws for the program commencing September 2009. These changes includes the planned introduction of “market rates” of pay for temporary skilled migrants. Visas will not be approved unless DIAC is satisfied that the pay conditions will be met by the sponsoring employer.

All occupations recorded a fall in 457 visas over 2008-09 with the exception of nursing, where the number of visas rose by 18%.

The 457 visa program is demand-driven and allows employers to bring in workers from overseas for up to 4 years. Many such workers eventually qualify to apply for PR (permanent residence) and especially if their occupation is listed on the Skills Shortages List (visit our website to check this).

In 2008-09 50,660 primary 457 visas were granted, down from 58,050 granted the previous year. Applications for future 457 visas were 45% lower in June 09 than in 08.

However the number of 457 visa grants among trade-based occupations increased in June 2009 over the previous month. This is interesting as it is hard to reconcile with the claim that there is a contraction in demand in the local trades market.

The signs are there that the Government’s stimulus package is working and that the economy is already in the process of rebuilding.

Again, we publish these details to keep those of you who are thinking of coming to Australia to work properly informed and updated as to the changes that are taking place so that you can better decide when to consider lodging an application.

The current environment for getting approved for a working visa has never been more complex and hence the risk of having your application refused by the Department of Immigration has never been higher than it is now. So it highlights the need to select a good quality migration agent to assess your prospects and take care of your visa application.

Australian Visa Experts does not engage in bartering over price of services provided. We offer a competitive and fair price that is aligned with what the Migration Agents Regulatory Authority recommends, but our principal focus is on expertise and quality and speed of service.

If you think you may be ready to apply – please drop us a line from our website and we will take it from there.


Business Skills – Senior Managers Provisions

On 1 July 2009, the policy relating to the senior manager provisions of the State/Territory Sponsored Business Owner (Provisional) visa (subclass 163) will be amended.

The current senior manager provisions are covered by clause 163.111 and subclause 163.212(b) of the Migration Regulations 1994 and are defined in Section 9 of PAM3 Sch2 Visa 163.

The policy amendments will assist agents to compile quality visa applications for clients who do not own a business but have the necessary qualifications and management experience to establish a successful business in Australia.

The amendments clarify and define:

  • a senior manager
  • management experience
  • appropriate experience in absence of formal qualifications
  • the decision-making, day to day responsibility and management hierarchy requirements relating to sound and continuous employment.

For more information about these changes contact Australian Visa Experts. Just go to our home page and submit your enquiry to us. Australian migration agents

Students Can Apply For a Subclass 856 Visa

Overseas students, who complete a diploma or higher qualification in Australia can apply for a Subclass 856 (Employer Nomination) visa.

Such applications get the highest priority in processing so they are a very attractive alternative to applying for General Skilled Migration.

Of crucial significance to Subclass 856 visa applications by overseas students is the policy provision that overseas students with occupations on the Migration Occupations in Demand List may be eligible for a waiver of the 3 year work experience requirement .

Interested to know more about this?

Contact Australian Visa Experts from our website home page. Australian migration agent .

Employer Sponsored Temporary Visas

How Do you Get An Employer Sponsored Visa?

Starting your new life in a foreign country may seem daunting. There are many pathways to attaining a visa, choosing the best option for you with the greatest likelihood of success can be difficult. A skilled migrant work visa is a great option for those with a high level of professional skills, as is a Business Visa. But what do you do if you do not meet the stringent conditions of both these visas? Even if you don’t, it’s still possible that your work experience qualifies you to work in Australia and bring valuable and much needed skills with you. With employment at its lowest in years, companies all over Australia are desperate for workers. The skilled migrant work visa addresses this need and may be the best pathway to a new beginning in Australia.

An employer sponsored visa can be offered on either a temporary or permanent basis. You will be offered a temporary visa first, which renders you eligible for a permanent visa later down the track. The process is similar to that of the skilled migrant work visa and Business Visa. To qualify for a permanent Employer Sponsored Visa you must be between 18 and 45 and have good English skills. You must also fit the criteria of being highly skilled in occupation specified by The Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship; there are hundreds of these jobs that meet this criteria currently. Most, but not all, require tertiary education.

You will need an Australian employer to offer you a full time position for a minimum of three years. You must be highly skilled in an eligible occupation. The process works like this; an employer has a suitable position and selects a foreign national who has the age, skill and language requirements to satisfy the prerequisites. The employee then accepts the position and applies for the visa through The Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship.

In the current economic conditions, with loss of local jobs in Australia, the skilled migration visa applications with the best chance of success are those that can be matched to the current skills shortages list published on the DIAC (Department of Immigration and Citizenship) web site.

We will endeavor to keep you updated re the skills shortages list via this Blog.


Of course, now you are wondering how on earth you can find a job that will enable you to attain and Employer Sponsored Visa. Well the best place to start is on the internet. Many companies advertise jobs online, in fact there are several websites online that specialise in Employer Sponsored Visa programs. There are also visa service agencies that will help in the process of applying for this visa, as well as the australian skilled migration work visa and business visa. Don’t be afraid to approach a larger company yourself, have a look through local job sites and see if there is anything suitable. Send them an email, give it a shot, you may be surprised at their response.