Archive for the ‘Partner Visa’ Category.






Here is some useful information for you about each of these 3 Visa Types.

Tourist Visa:

This visa is available to all passport holders who are outside Australia and want to apply for a visa to visit Australia or for people who are in Australia and want to stay longer as a visitor. Certain tourists are also be eligible to apply for an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) or an eVisitor visa which is determined by the passport that they hold.
If granted, this visa will allow you either a single or multiple entry to Australia for a stay period of up to three (3), six (6) or 12 months. The period of stay and number of entries granted will depend on the purpose of the visit and your personal circumstances. You must have a genuine intention to visit Australia as a tourist, for recreation or to visit your family and/or friends.
Family members, under 18, who are travelling to Australia and are included on your passport, can be included in your application. Other family members who have separate passports must lodge separate applications.
If you are granted this visa, you can study for up to three months. If you want to study longer than three months you should apply for a student visa.
You are not able to work in Australia on this type of visa. If you are coming to Australia to work, you should consider applying for a visa which allows you to work in Australia such as a Work Permit (subclass 457 visa).

Spouse & Partner Visas:

This visa allows you to enter or remain in Australia on the basis of your married, de-facto or interdependent relationship with your partner:
· on a temporary visa (usually for a waiting period of approximately two (2) years from the date you applied for the visa)
· on a permanent visa if, after the waiting period (if applicable), your partner relationship still exists and you are still eligible for this visa.
Your partner must provide sponsorship for you. Your partner must be an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
Married Spouse
Your marriage must be legal under Australian Law. If you were married in a country other than Australia and that marriage is valid in that country, generally it will be recognised as valid under Australian law.
You and your partner must show a mutual commitment to a shared life as husband and wife to the exclusion of all others. You and your partner must be living together or, if not, any separation must be only temporary. You must also have a genuine and continuing relationship with your partner.
De-facto Spouse (opposite sex, unmarried) and Interdependent (same-sex, unmarried)
You and your partner must have been in a de-facto spouse or interdependent relationship for the entire 12 months immediately prior to lodging your application. The 12-month relationship requirement may be waived if one of the following situations applies:
· you can demonstrate compelling and compassionate circumstances, such as if you have children with your partner.
· in the case of an interdependent relationship, where cohabitation was contrary to law in the applicant’s country of residence.
You and your partner must show a mutual commitment to a shared life to the exclusion of all others. You and your partner must be living together or, if not, any separation must be only temporary. You must also have a genuine and continuing relationship with your partner.
If you declare your relationship to the State office of Births, Deaths and Marriages then you can have the 12 months cohabitation period mentioned above waived.
In assessing a claimed de-facto or interdependent relationship, the department usually looks at evidence of things such as:
· living together full-time
· sharing important financial and social commitments
· setting up a household separately from other people
· how, when and where you first met
· how your relationship developed
· when you decided to marry or to start a de facto spouse or interdependent relationship
· your domestic arrangements (how you support each other financially, physically and emotionally and when this level of commitment began)
· any periods of separation (when and why the separation occurred, for how long and how you maintained your relationship during the period of separation)
· your future plans.


Australian Visa Experts is now open for business for –

  • Visitor Visas
  • Spouse Visas
  • Partner Visas

You will see new pages going up soon on our website covering each of these three new visa types.

Our registered migration agent is highly skilled in these visas and you can expect very quick and fair priced service.

The economy is recovering and there will soon be more demand than supply for certain types of jobs and this will open the door to more migration – so keep an eye on this blog as we will update you on a regular basis.

Watch out for and steer clear of the unscrupulous operators who will fleece your pocket and under deliver in their service to you.

We recognized the need for assistance to help connect skilled workers needing a sponsor with the right employer and our MATCH MAKER SERVICE was born about 3 months ago. We are now working with various high quality recruitment agencies to help us find sponsors for people with the right skills needed here right now. Some employers are getting desperate as they cannot find all the staff they need from the local employment market – so our Matchmaker service is the perfect answer to this.

Stay tuned,

Australian Visa Experts