Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category.


Skill Select’ was introduced on the 1st July 2012. Skill Select is a system whereby you express an interest in migrating to Australia permanently and then wait for the DIAC (Department of Immigration and Citizenship) to invite you to apply for a visa. You may review the requirements / format at the following link: Please note that under this system you will have no control over whether you are invited to apply or not. If you are not invited after 24 months your Expression of Interest (EOI) becomes void.

From the 1st July 60 points will become the threshold pass mark. However, it will be the applicants who obtain 70, 75, 80 points or higher or who are sponsored by a state / territory who are invited to apply. The only way to guarantee your EOI will succeed would be to obtain state / territory sponsorship. You will need to commit to living in the state / territory that sponsors you for two years following the grant of your permanent residency visa.

Skill Select is an independent application and would take up to approximately 6 months following your submission to the DIAC. If you are required to seek an independent visa then you will need to answer the following questions for:

1.         The first stage to obtaining an independent permanent residency visa through skill select is to have your skills assessed in an occupation that appears on the current SOL (Skilled Occupation List). You will need to  review the following link and tell decide which occupation title most accurately reflects your skills, work experience and qualifications:

2.         Confirm how many years work experience in Australia and overseas you have had in your nominated occupation

3.         Have you ever completed an IELTS test? If so, you will need to confirm what score you obtained on each part.
If you are interested to know more about Skill Select and to see if you might be suitable for this approach to get your visa to come to Australia – submit an enquiry form to us via our website. Click HOME on this page and follow the instructions to contact us via the template enquiry form we provide on the website.


Australian Visa Experts

Helping you achieve your Dream






Here is some useful information for you about each of these 3 Visa Types.

Tourist Visa:

This visa is available to all passport holders who are outside Australia and want to apply for a visa to visit Australia or for people who are in Australia and want to stay longer as a visitor. Certain tourists are also be eligible to apply for an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) or an eVisitor visa which is determined by the passport that they hold.
If granted, this visa will allow you either a single or multiple entry to Australia for a stay period of up to three (3), six (6) or 12 months. The period of stay and number of entries granted will depend on the purpose of the visit and your personal circumstances. You must have a genuine intention to visit Australia as a tourist, for recreation or to visit your family and/or friends.
Family members, under 18, who are travelling to Australia and are included on your passport, can be included in your application. Other family members who have separate passports must lodge separate applications.
If you are granted this visa, you can study for up to three months. If you want to study longer than three months you should apply for a student visa.
You are not able to work in Australia on this type of visa. If you are coming to Australia to work, you should consider applying for a visa which allows you to work in Australia such as a Work Permit (subclass 457 visa).

Spouse & Partner Visas:

This visa allows you to enter or remain in Australia on the basis of your married, de-facto or interdependent relationship with your partner:
· on a temporary visa (usually for a waiting period of approximately two (2) years from the date you applied for the visa)
· on a permanent visa if, after the waiting period (if applicable), your partner relationship still exists and you are still eligible for this visa.
Your partner must provide sponsorship for you. Your partner must be an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
Married Spouse
Your marriage must be legal under Australian Law. If you were married in a country other than Australia and that marriage is valid in that country, generally it will be recognised as valid under Australian law.
You and your partner must show a mutual commitment to a shared life as husband and wife to the exclusion of all others. You and your partner must be living together or, if not, any separation must be only temporary. You must also have a genuine and continuing relationship with your partner.
De-facto Spouse (opposite sex, unmarried) and Interdependent (same-sex, unmarried)
You and your partner must have been in a de-facto spouse or interdependent relationship for the entire 12 months immediately prior to lodging your application. The 12-month relationship requirement may be waived if one of the following situations applies:
· you can demonstrate compelling and compassionate circumstances, such as if you have children with your partner.
· in the case of an interdependent relationship, where cohabitation was contrary to law in the applicant’s country of residence.
You and your partner must show a mutual commitment to a shared life to the exclusion of all others. You and your partner must be living together or, if not, any separation must be only temporary. You must also have a genuine and continuing relationship with your partner.
If you declare your relationship to the State office of Births, Deaths and Marriages then you can have the 12 months cohabitation period mentioned above waived.
In assessing a claimed de-facto or interdependent relationship, the department usually looks at evidence of things such as:
· living together full-time
· sharing important financial and social commitments
· setting up a household separately from other people
· how, when and where you first met
· how your relationship developed
· when you decided to marry or to start a de facto spouse or interdependent relationship
· your domestic arrangements (how you support each other financially, physically and emotionally and when this level of commitment began)
· any periods of separation (when and why the separation occurred, for how long and how you maintained your relationship during the period of separation)
· your future plans.



The new SOL (Skilled Occupation List) was released on Monday 17th May. It will take effect on the 1st July 2010. The current SOL has more than 400 occupations. The new list of occupations, which was announced by the Minister on 17 May 2010, includes 181 occupations. As expected the list has been greatly reduced and occupations such as Cook and Hairdresser have been removed. The new list is available on the Department of

Immigration and Citizenship’s (DIAC) website at:


Dear Visa Aspirants,

We have been advised by The Department of Economic Development, Tourism and the Arts of Tasmania that they, in conjunction, with a Tasmanian employer are seeking qualified Motor Mechanics. Their preference is for applicants who have had a positive skills assessment and a satisfactory IELTS (English language test) result. We can assist with this process and provide further details (i.e. job description) should you believe you have the skills, work experience and qualifications.

Please contact us for further details.

Australian Visa Experts